All Moms

by Joy Hickey

The All Moms group is the reason my family now attends Hebron. During the summer of 2018 my husband, one-year-old son and I, moved from Japan to the States, my husband started residency, and my second child was born. With no family, little support, and an extremely busy husband I fell prey to post-partum depression and post-partum anxiety.  A while later a friend invited me to All Moms.

Without hesitation I eagerly signed up as I was hungry for mentorship, Godly teaching on parenting, and a Christian fellowship of mothers. The first night I leaned over to the lady next to me and said, “This is SO cool!” Little did I know that she was the pastor’s wife and one of the leaders that helped start this group and who would show me love, support and Christ-like care like I had never experienced before. All Moms is the only time I have ever found wise women older than I am who are willing to give their time, energy and experience to those younger. It is so unfortunate that, like me, many young moms today are removed from the support networks of their own families, so to find experienced moms-of-adult-children willing to guide and love on us is truly one of the greatest gifts I could receive. We are so happy to have been ushered into the Hebron family and clearly see our children thriving as they learn about Jesus from other adults now too.