Urban Impact Update

by Andrew Churchill


Greetings my Hebron family!  As a full-time missionary on the staff of Urban Impact, a Christ-centered ministry reaching at-risk youth and families on the North Side of Pittsburgh, I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you, my church family, for your prayers, encouraging words, and financial support. 

Desiree Grace Churchill
2020 marks my 11th year at Urban Impact, where I serve as an Assistant Director within our Athletics Ministry Department.  Most recently I have been leading and overseeing our competitive fall and winter basketball leagues for boys in Middle School and High School. What makes me so passionate about these leagues is that God continues to use them as a vehicle to communicate His Gospel of new life in Christ to hundreds of youth and adults, the majority of whom do not attend church. By building an environment centered around prayer and a weekly Gospel-centered devotional message, players, coaches, friends and parents are hearing the Good News of Jesus and responding to the Gospel! Know that this would not be possible without the faithful prayers and the generous giving of Hebron Church and so many of you!

Not only did I recently wrap up this winter's basketball season, but my wife and I have been blessed with the birth of our first child, Desiree Grace Churchill. Desiree was born on February 23rd, weighing in at 7 lb. 5 oz. Mother is on the mend and in great spirits, while precious baby is full of joy as she sleeps, eats, and soaks up life outside the womb. In the weeks and months upcoming please keep both my ministry at Urban Impact as well as Desiree Grace in your prayers. Let us always remember that our God is mighty in power and ever near when we call upon His name!

-- Andrew Churchill